What To Look For When You Buy A Baby Monitor
In simple terms, a device that provides monitoring of the things that the baby days when you are minding some other chore, is a baby monitor. There are many kinds of baby monitors, audio, audio-visual and advanced ones that can trace the movements of the baby’s body. Available in numerous models and brands, the baby monitors should be bought with a sharp eye on the quality so that accuracy and dependability are not compromised. The following are a few features that you must bear in mind when you are out shopping for a baby monitor.
1. Wireless and plug-in are the two types of baby monitors that are available in the market. The wireless baby monitor has an advantage – you can move around with it and even use it when you are outdoors. This ensures that with a wireless baby monitor you increase freedom of movement and would not have to confine yourself in a single place. Further, within the mentioned range, you can carry it with you. And while you finish your daily jobs around the house you can also keep an eye on the baby’s activities.
2. Refrain from purchasing a baby monitor that is of a huge size. Go for a portable size so that it could be either tied or smoothly clipped to your belt. The small baby monitors generally have belt-clips with them. Then again when the objective is to know the activities of the baby size becomes secondary. You can buy a baby monitor with a video. But such devices that include audio-visuals become heavier in size.
3. Check that the speaker that is an attachment to the camera is really sensitive so that not even a pin-drop escapes your attention. This is most important, and not even the picture display can gain so much precedence over the sound quality.
4. Make sure the baby monitor has an in-built alarm clock so that you can store the timings for the different activities of the baby, like feeding time, bathing tie etc.
5. If your baby monitor affords you to go longer distances than nothing like it. It will increase your range of activities too without letting go of your baby.
6. Its ideal if the baby monitors functions on a low battery indicator. It is also crucial that there are rechargeable batteries with the baby monitor.
7. Purchase a baby monitor that comes with many channels so you can select an interference-channel to transmit on. If there is a baby monitor at your neighbor’s, then remember to buy a baby monitor for yourself that is different from them, because you would not want to get the signals mixed up. If you have other home devices that work on signals like cordless telephones or wireless internet services, you would need to buy a baby monitor that has a marked difference of frequency from such appliances.
8. In order to prevent Sudden Infant Death Syndrome or SIDS, you should go for a few more costly models that carry motion sensors, which has the capability to detect if the baby is not moving for certain time period. This would ensure you a peaceful mind free from anxieties over the baby’s well being.