Some Reasons Why Babies Cry
Introduction: Crying is a normal event in the lives of all babies. When a baby comes out of the woomb the first thing to do is crying. By the first cry he will take some air in to the lungs for the first time in their life.After delivery if the baby doesnot cry then it should be initiated by slightly pinching or gently strocking the feet. From this it is clear that the healthy baby should cry and it is a normal physiological event ,still some times it can upset the mother or family members. We all know that a baby can't tell his needs or troubles in words. The only way for him to communicate with others is by crying.Babies show some other signs like feet kicking,hand waving and head turning ect.But the best way to take the attention of others is by crying. Excessive crying may not have a firm definition because the crying habit changes from baby to baby and some babies can be calmed easily but some are difficult to sooth.If crying is distressing for the mother and home nurse it can be called excessive.Many a times baby become quiet by giving breast milk or by carrying with a gentle rocking.Sudden onset of excessive crying means baby is distressed and needs attention.The causes of crying extends from simple reasons to life threatening conditions.Hence crying of a baby should not be ignored. Most of the time it is difficult to find the cause of the cry. Common causes are discussed here for awareness. Common reasons for crying:
1. Hunger:-- A hungry baby will cry till he gets the milk. Here the old saying comes true'crying baby gets the milk'.
2. Wetting:-- Urination and defecation causes some discomfort and results in crying till his parts are cleaned and made dry .
3. Company:-- Majority of the kids need somebody near. If they feel lonely they cry.When their favourite doll slips away from the grip they cry for help.
4. Tired:-- When the baby is tired after a journey and unable to sleep just cry simply.They feel tired in uncomfortable sourroundings and due to unhealthy climate.
5. Heat - Cold:-- If they feel too hot or too cold they become restless and cry. Child is comfortable in a room with good ventilation.
6. Tight Clothes:-- Tight cloaths especially during warm climate is intolerable for kids.Tight elastic of the the dress can also produce soreness in the hip region.
7. Dark room:-- When the baby wakes up from sleep he needs some dim light.If there is darkness he will disturb the sleep of parents by crying.Ofcourse he will be irritated by strong light resulting in cry.
8. Mosquito:-- Yes, these creatures disturb the sleep by their blood sucking and makes the baby cry.
9. Nasal blockage:-- Child may not be able to sleep when they have a cold and go on crying till the passage is open.