Do You Know What To Do When Your Baby Cries?
Crying is a physiological process in the life of a baby. All normal babies cry to communicate with others. Since they can't express their feelings in words crying is the only way for communication. If any uncomfortable feeling comes they simply cry. Normally babies cry in situations like hunger,when wet, too hot or cold, tight clothes, pain ect. Some kids need the presence of somebody otherwise will cry simply. Crying without any cause is habitual in some babies. Even though crying is considered as normal it may worry the family members. Since the reasons for crying ranges from simple causes to serious causes it should not be ignored and hence exact cause has to be identified and managed accordingly. The following are some points which should be considered while dealing with a crying baby.
1. It is dangerous to shake the baby vigorously.
2. Tight clothes can cause irritation hence it should be removed.
3. If the room is hot put the fan and open the windows.
4. If the nappy is wet remove it, and after cleaning dry with a soft towel.
5. Pat her back or stroke her head slowly and let her here your soothing sound.
6. Give breast milk to make them quiet.
7. If the climate is cold cover her in soft towel.
8. Rock her gently in your arms and walk slowly in the room.
9. Take a music making doll and let her listen.