Making The Best Of Holidays With Children
Taking your kids on vacation is not always easy. When planning for holidays with children, there are plenty of things to consider. Looking for a kid friendly resort is the key to making sure your trip is full of fond memories instead of splitting headaches.
1. Take the kids to the happiest place on earth. Yes, Walt Disney World, located in central Florida. The number one choice of little ones the world over, it can also be a great experience for the adults of the family unit. With so many theme parks to choose from and animated characters to meet, the experience could hardly be called boring. If parents are looking for less child-centered activities, they can take a tour of Pleasure Island or explore the shops of Downtown Disney. Of course, there are enough eateries around to satisfy everybodyís tastes.
2. If theme parks are not your cup of tea, perhaps a tropical location is closer to your ideal vacation spot. If this is the case, check out the Atlantis Resort. Located on Paradise Island (of the Bahama Islands fame), this resort caters to the entire family. With eleven pools and plenty adventurous slides to choose from, your children will be happy little swimmers. Or, mix education with pleasure by taking them to the Discovery Channel camp, where they can learn about the local ecosystem, explore their creativity through arts and crafts or take guided tours of the island. Adventurous adults can partake of snorkeling and water skiing activities. At night, go to the casino or even hit the clubs. At Atlantis Resort, there is a plenty of something for everyone.
3. If you would rather ski the slopes than the ocean, then book your stay with Snowbird Resort in Utah. Kids under twelve ski free, but the fun doesnít stop there. Try snowboarding, ice skating or snow tubing. If you can think of a snow-related activity, Snowbird probably has it. Indoors, the resort is host to live music performances all year. Parents can also take advantage of the fitness club and spa.
4. When your family needs adventure, pack up and head to the Treesort in Takilima, Oregon. Take part in a true Swiss Family Robinson experience by lodging in the trees. Choose from one of eighteen different nests to sleep in, and spend your days climbing through the resortís various elevated amusements. You can find a pool on the ground, as well as camp sites, but thatís about it.
5. When planning a vacation that is part fun and part educational, look no further than the Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, Virginia. This resort is sure to offer a family package that suits your needs. The resort itself offers childrenís camps that feature swimming, games and even yoga. In addition, you will find gulfing courses and tennis courts, and a marina. Best of all, Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens are just a car ride away.